K3-Cottage functionality and general questions.

Moderator: Nayakayee

Nayakayee

K3-Cottage functionality and general questions.

Postby Nayakayee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Post here any questions about K3-Cottage functionality and capabilities.

Nayakayee

Re: K3-Cottage functionality and general questions.

Postby Nayakayee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:34 pm

- Is your software in English?
- The software has an English version and you can also shift to inches and feet if needed.

- Is K3-Cottage software entirely metric?
- In K3-Cottage you can also shift to inches and get all your specifications, measurements, reports and drawings measured in inches and feet.

- Can you tell me if I can make floor plans, cross sections and detail drawings with this program or it is only capable for 3D modeling?
- The main purpose of the program is to get you the whole set of manufacture and construction documentation including floor plans and cross sections as well. The resulted documents can be seen here: k3-cottage.com/output-documentation.html  The examples on the page don't reflect the whole variety of documents available.

- I would like to know if I can model round logs without the coping cut by setting the groove width to -0-? I am working with a builder who only uses natural round logs and I would like to know if the log shapes are customizable.
- In K3-Cottage you can define the log profile dimensions on your own. You can define profile shape where and choose between round and square logs, with or without groove.

- Can the K3-Cottage do plumbing and electricity for log cabin?
- The software is not intended for such operations. The purpose of it is creation of log/timber house structures themselves and the whole set of documentation for it.

- What type of license protection do you use for your software?
- The K3-Cottage is supplied with hard USB dongle protection key. This key looks like a small usb memory stick and is inserted into the usb port of the PC. The K3-Cottage runs only if the protection dongle is plugged in the usb port.

Return to “K3-Cottage software forum”